Serve cafe quality coffee to your friends at home with our Home Barista Course.
The espresso machine is now finding it’s way into our homes more than ever with so many high quality domestic machines available. This course is offered to those with a home espresso machine looking for some professional training to help get the best from their equipment. We have a range of home machines for you to practice on.
We start the course with a brief background on where coffee comes from and the differences in roasting and quality, therefore we can develop a good palette for taste. We then show you how on our professional espresso machines and get you comfortable with extracting espresso before moving onto our home espresso machines for lots of practice. We can also cover milk texturing here if your machine includes a milk feature.
This session allows you to ask plenty of questions and develop some great skills for the at home machine including maintaining the machine for longevity.
- Coffee – Coffee varieties, harvesting and roasting.
- Setup – The importance of the grind, how it effects the taste and how to adjust.
- Technique – Correct techniques for dosing, tamping and shot timings.
- Milk – Steaming milk to perfection with lots of microfoam.
- Maintenance – How to correctly maintain and look after your machine.