At Winchester Coffee School, our Taster Roasting Session is designed for anyone with an interest roasting coffee at home and learning about the process coffee goes through from the seed to the cup. This course is also a good taster session and insight for those looking to do our Roasting Masterclass.
Roasting coffee is a precise yet rewarding process. We will explain the fundamentals of roasting coffee, whilst helping you to understand the process’s coffee goes through from farming, production through to the roasting process and end product. There is never too much to learn!
On this two hour course you will learn the following key factors:
- Coffee Production and Growth
- Looking at the Green Bean and flavours from different regions
- Introduction to the Roasting Process
- Micro roast two or three types of bean designed for filter coffee products
- Packaging and storing your coffee
- Using ‘Pour Over’ Filter techniques comparing freshly roasted coffees
- How to make up your own personal blend of coffee
- Filter Recipes
After the course we will package the coffee up for you to take home and enjoy. If you do this course and then decide to take your skills further either onto our Barista Courses or the Roasting Masterclass we offer a 10% discount to students who book their next course with us within 14 days of completing this taster roasting session.