Serve cafe quality coffee to your friends at home with our Home Barista Course.
The espresso machine is now finding it’s way into our homes more than ever with so many high quality domestic machines available. This course is offered to those with a home espresso machine looking for some professional training to help get the best from their equipment. This is why we encourage students to bring their espresso machines and grinders with them to the school, however we do stock a range of Sage Coffee Machines and Grinders. Therefore we can also train on our in house machines, ensuring you are comfortable with making great coffee at home.
We start the course with a brief background on where coffee comes from and the differences in roasting and quality, therefore we can develop a good palette for taste. We then move onto grinding and tamping on our professional espresso machines to get you comfortable with extracting espresso. We can also cover milk texturing here if your machine includes a milk feature.
Moving onto your at home espresso machine and grinder to compare the machines and ensure that the quality of coffee is just as good as your favourite cafe. This session allows you to ask plenty of questions and develop some great skills for the at home machine including maintaining the machine for longevity.
- Coffee – Coffee varieties, harvesting and roasting.
- Setup – The importance of the grind, how it effects the taste and how to adjust.
- Technique – Correct techniques for dosing, levelling, tamping and shot timings.
- Milk – Steaming milk to perfection with lots of microfoam.
- Maintenance – How to correctly maintain and look after your machine.
- We have onsite the following machines:
- Sage – The Oracle
- Sage – Duel Boiler
- Sage – Duo Temp
- Sage – Smart Grinder Pro