Barista Pro- Full Day Course Overview
Barista Pro – Full Day course is a great way to improve and fine tune your barista skills for the industry working with speciality coffee. We build all your techniques giving you a confident, solid foundation in all areas required to be a Pro Barista.
Becoming a barista is not simply about making coffee. A truly skilled barista who will stand out from their peers is one whom understands the product in it’s entirety. Our Barista Pro – Full Day course will start you on this journey by developing your knowledge of how coffee is grown, processed, selected, roasted and brewed.
Don’t worry, once we have covered the theory it’s time to get hand’s on and begin learning practical techniques such as grinding, distributing, tamping and extracting espresso. This course will focus on identifying areas to refine and how to perfect your extraction. If you can develop an eye, sense of smell and taste for flaws in the extraction, you will know how to perfect your cup!
After your theory session is over, we now turn to practical training. On the full day barista course we will be looking to refine your dose, distribution and tamping technique. How to steam milk correctly and prepare multiple orders under a timed assessment will also be integral to your day.
Scales and brew ratios will be introduced to help us select and dial in a coffee recipe. We will be demonstrating the effect of different extractions of coffee and using our palettes to recognise defects, and most importantly how to improve the finished coffee.
What Will I Learn?
Key Skills: In the Morning:
Advancing the skill – moving into the advanced areas designed for the Barista to grow and refine their skills, enabling them to produce the highest standard of coffee from a broad menu with consistency and confidence.
- Coffee– Customer Service Levels – develop a consistent work flow with orders on demand, giving great coffee matched with great customer service, whether front-of-house or table service.
- Grinding– advanced grinding techniques and how to dial-in to a specific recipe and maintenance.
- Milk– steaming milk with confidence, both dairy and non-dairy milks; splitting milks between different jugs and multiple beverages.
Afternoon: Latte Art – We focus on free pour and lots of practice! Take your latte art to the next level and produce art with every pour.
- Pouring– velocity and direction of the pour; creating a good canvas to pour art.
- Art of free pour– creating the heart or the leaf with your pouring skills.
- Front-of-house– meeting and greeting customers correctly, making sure a customer is never left unnoticed.
- Table service– serving the correct way.
- Body language and attitude– what you feel, the customer feels.
- Dealing with customer complaints.
- Dealing with complex customers– using a little role playing technique which is great for Baristas who tend to lack in confidence when dealing with people.
- Practice, practice, practice – presentation of your Diploma Certificate.
Please note our Term and Conditions:
You do not need to bring anything with you! We supply all that you will need for your chosen training course.
We ask that you allow plenty of time for your journey to us and arrive 10mins before the course is due to start.
Please note we do not accept students who are over 20 mins late and this is also non-refundable as this disrupts teaching & students time who have arrived on time. Look at our contacts page for directions.
You are entitled to cancel your appointment and receive a full refund within 14 days of booking. Cancellations after this time will incur a 20% admin fee.
No-Show Appointments are not refundable or Re-Bookable. If you are unable to make your appointment please contact us on 01962 883655 and we would be happy to reschedule your appointment for another day.
Vouchers are non-refundable and non-transferable. We provide a generous 12 months validity on all school vouchers, they will not be extended beyond this.