Advanced Barista Course Overview
This advanced barista course is designed for the barista elitist who wishes to refine their skills to enable them to produce the highest standard of coffee beverage through a broad menu and on a consistent basis.
It’s now time to use the techniques that world class baristas use to set their coffee apart from the rest.
During your advanced barista course we will first cover some important theory work. We will talk about roast profiles, brew ratios, the science behind coffee extraction, the importance of water and milk chemistry and temperatures.
- Coffee – Learning about the process from a green bean to the finished product. Reviewing and perfecting the espresso extraction process.
- Setup – Focus on machine and grinder set up, getting a cafe ready for the day ahead. Completing a daily checklist.
- Grinding – Advanced grinding techniques and how to dial-in to a specific recipe or alternative filter brewing equipment.
- Milk – Steaming milk to perfection with both dairy and soya based milks. How to split milksbetween different jugs, multiple beverages and advanced latte art including etching using a latte art pen.
- Roasting – Learn how to use a sample roaster, and roast coffee for Cupping .
- Quality control – Using your palette to identity problems with extraction and using tools such as a TDS tester to control and measure your coffee results.
- Customer Service – focus on front of house techniques being able to provide perfect coffee plus faultless customer service and being able to deal with a variety of customers that pass through your cafe.